måndag 20 oktober 2008

The future is electric


Since I sold my gigantic gasoline-gulping SUV, I've been saying my next car's gotta be electric. Now, the electric options aren't around yet. What is out there now is the small size Toyota Prius and crossover SUV Lexus RXH 400. Both bipowered electricity/gasoline, where the gas engine kicks in around 20 mph/30 kmh. Which kinda sucks, because they both still are gas cars. You can get an Escalade with the same hook-up, but they are still quite thirsty, saves maybe 30% of the usual consumption.
Now GM's had over 200 engineers working day and night (it is said, might be a marketing ploy) to get an electric car out real soon now. The Volt was introduced a few months ago and I read somewhere it was ugly like the Prius. It should be on the market in 2009, it is promised. Now I came across some pictures, and I thought it was the new Camaro. The car looks pretty great! I want that! Congrats GM!

Inga kommentarer: