tisdag 23 december 2008

Glasvegas I don't get it!

Okay, so all Swedish music press is totally in love with Glasvegas. They are the best thing to happen music since the electric guitar. I've heard a few songs on the radio and dismissed them as some 80's inspired Joy Division-light-clones. But they won't go away, they top most of the year's best album lists, heck, the press even loves Glasvegas' christmas album!
Okay, I listen to them right now, they sound like what I heard going round in '82 when I was into new wave. They are quite ungroovy, and the singer is like any indie-singer, not very good at singing, more of a personality.
What is it about them? I am now going to listen to them this christmas, at least three times, to see if I get it.
I have a little suspiscion going, the singer looks like indie/new wave god Joe Strummer, the recently passed away singer from The Clash. Could this be what makes people go bananas after them, they feel it's Joe Strummer reincarnated? (The Clash were a fantastic band, love them)
Glasvegas dude:

Joe Strummer:

Inga kommentarer: