fredag 16 oktober 2009

The Office US Season 6 - The Marriage

At first I totally dismissed the US version of the UK Hit sitcom mockumentary The Office. I love Steven Carrell, but just could not believe it would be more than an bleak adaptation of the original. Great reviews kept coming, and the seasons piled on. So about half a year ago, I started watching, from the beginning. The first season and a half was a bit on the crude side, I thought, but mid season 2, the scripts got sharper.

Or did the characters creep up on me? I've watched so many episodes now, I feel like I work there. Anyhow, the series is great fun, and Steve Carrell is the wackiest, stupidest boss who ever lived. And funniest. And saddest.

The last episode I have watched is about the marriage between Jim and Pam at Niagara Falls, with the whole Office staff attending. Of course, disaster strikes. Very very funny episode. This video I found might not seem so much fun at a glance, but if you are familiar with the series, you'll catch the irony:

Inga kommentarer: