söndag 16 mars 2008

Duffy? Who the h**l is Duffy?

Duffy. I saw the name here and there before my Alpen trip. Ok, I didn't listen until on the transfer bus back from the airport. When I listened, I played it over three times, till I got home. That never happens these days.
I never got really hooked on Amy Winehouse, this is in the same vein, but more subtle.
The album sounds just fantastic. She sings great. The strings are better than (well, in par with) vintage Al Green. The songs are good too (Great, many of them). Is she a product? Did she end up third in some UK Idol contest '06, and are now in the hands of some extremely slick producers? Some research tells me she's a young Welsh woman who has spent 4 years on her album Rockferry. She's had some talented people co-writing with her, like Bernard Butler from Suede.
Good choice of her, Bernard's put out some amazing stuff, and Suede were good too when he was with them.
Anyway, it's great stuff, very retro, 60's, merseybeat/northern soul with a little bit of Dusty on top. Don't miss out on this one if you was ever a soul music fan.

http://www.iamduffy.com/


Inga kommentarer: